Illinois 96 to close beginning August 3, 2020 and shall end no later than November 9, 2020.
The Illinois Department of Transportation announces the temporary closure of
Illinois 96 at Sheridan Creek 0.9 miles south of Nauvoo for a bridge replacement.
A marked detour will be posted.
For IDOT District 6 updates on Twitter, follow us
The Hancock County Highway Department will be spreading oil and chips as shown below in 2020.
- Roads will be closed to thru traffic during the day and opened overnight
- Local traffic (Residential and Agricultural) will always have access to all locations
- CAUTION: There will not be any flaggers within the barricaded work zones
- Emergency vehicles can always get through the work zones
- School busses can always get through the work zones
- Postal delivery vehicles can always get through the work zones
|8/19/2020||Adrian-Powellton Road (2300N and 1200E) will be closed from the Connable Road (1000E / 2300N) to one mile south of Powellton (2200N / 1200E)|
|8/20/2020 – 8/21/2020||Adrian-Powellton Road (2200N) will be closed from one mile south of Powellton (2200N / 1200E) to ½ mile west of Adrian (2200N / 1700E)|
|8/24/2020||Colusa Road (2500N) from the Niota Road (1200E) to 1400E and the
Niota Road (1200E) from the Colusa Road (2500N) to 2600N
|8/25/2020||Niota Road (1200E, 2700N, 1150E and 1120E) from 2600N to IL Routes 9 and 96 at Niota|
|8/26/2020 – 8/27/2020||Connable Road (1000E) from the Ferris Road (1800N) to IL Route 96|
The above dates may change due to weather or other delays, but every effort will be made to work on the roads in the order shown.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to maintain our local roads.